Friday, June 30, 2006

topical tapeswap



Tapeswap is truly taking over my farkin' life. Friday night and instead of post work pub hoo-ha, I rush home to blog about TS. Anyways, I was banging on in comments about your tape swapee seeing your selection before anyone else and I just hope Austalia Post did their job and Earle has seen his TS before reading this. If not (and they were all at that farkin' union protest, dodging the Australia Post hired goons' cameras, weren't they yesterday?), I'm sorry, Earle, that I'm a shameless hypocrite.

So this is my topical tapeswap. Not topical as in treating a skin disease kinda way, but finger on the red hot world of current affairs sense. The nuptials of our Nic and the impossibly named Keith Urban were firmly on the minds of both The Manly Daily and I as I was making this Tapewap, so now we have the Nicole and Keith Wedding Memorial Album. But that's not all! This TS is also totally zeitgeist because there's a World Cup song on there. It's the only WC song I know, have or like and is more treasured because it's for England and they're so shit.

1. Teachers - Soulwax
2. Work Work Work (Pub Club Sleep) - The Rakes
3. Damaged Goods - Gang of Four
4. Bicycle, Bicycle, You Are My Bicycle - Be Your Own Pet
5. I Love Techno - Soulwax
6. Neverland - The Knife
7. Darko - Booka Shade
8. Hips For Scotland - Psychonauts
9. Open Book - The Rakes
10. Emily Kane - Art Brut
11. Mysteries - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
12. Ruby Blue - Roisin Murphy
13. World In Motion - New Order
14. Useless - Depeche Mode
15. The Slow Drug - PJ Harvey
16. Sunday - Sonic Youth
17. Rear View Mirror - Grandaddy
18. Can I Kick It? - A Tribe Called Quest

I'm saying nuthin' about the above except that the lyric "With the wine she was no lady" from "Hips For Scotland" really speaks to me. I'd like to say, like my fellow Tapeswappers, that I've spent more time on the cover art than the song selection but the sad fact is that I actually test drive my tapeswap several times over on the bus to work and farkin' pull out a piece of paper and a pen to make notes about revisions to my selections. That's sad and even sadder because Earle's probably gonna hate the whole lot. Viva la tapeswap!

6 Comments:

Blogger Ross T said...

love the cover, nicole looks great on the back. Yes, TS really brings out the sad losers in us all... looks like a good mix to me.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Ross T said...

is the english soccer theme "Can I Kick iT?" ... he he he...

8:22 PM  
Blogger nellie said...

hee hee!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Ross T said...

okay, my second guess was Useless by Depeche Mode

8:07 PM  
Blogger nellie said...

TOTALLY great minds think alike, my young friend!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Wiz said...

Nellicles, your cover is up there with the best! Bloody wonderous. I'm trying to make Keith (ross)refer to me as Nic but he won't play.

I want to own this mix....why can't I have it all?

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home